The origins of this garden date back to 1769 when the duc de Chartres bought some land where he had the "Folie de Chartres », a pavilion surrounded by a French garden.
In this 20-acre garden, the landscapist Carmontelle designed all kinds of buildings - styles and time periods - such as the ruins of a Mars temple, a Chinese pagoda or an Egyptian pyramid that are still standing.
Open everyday: 7am-9pm (until 9pm during September).
How to get there: 35 Boulevard de Courcelles 75008 Paris ;
Métro line 2 Station "Monceau" ;
Bus lines: 30, 84 and 94.